So the brake saga continues........
I would not recommend xposure MID levers unless you are after cheep and shiny. They looked good which was why I ordered a set but half the paint had already chipped off when I got them and during a partial fit to the bike I gave up put them back in the box and sent them back sans shiny paint job.
I would recommend however Diatech Gold Finger Levers, they still look good (white with black levers) and so far the paint is intact. I initially thought they would be a bit bulky by comparison to the xposure levers but I'm guessing that within that extra girth lies superior quality. After a test run this evening over to the gym I can say that having a lever on the top bar of a drop handle bar bike is much easier for when you are cruising and puts less strain on your arms and back during prolonged braking down hill. The power delivery through such a short stubby lever is surprisingly good but most importantly for some one as egotistical as my self-it looks the biz!
Check out the video below in addition to the preview above of my Fixie before I gave it the Gold Finger.
Oh, I bought my Gold Finger from Wiggle, Ace Service and free prompt delivery but get this-they even sent me a bag of Haribo for free in the parcel. Maybe they ran out of bubble wrap, I dunno. www.wiggle.co.uk check them out.
No comments:
Post a Comment